Unlocking value through smarter customer management
A major retailer we’ve been working with for nearly 15 years is something of a UK institution. They attract millions of shoppers through their door every day and another couple of million shopping online. We provide a variety of customer contact and support services for their direct business.
Reduce the cost-to-order ratio for online sales.
Analyse customer data to identify and resolve pain points on journey to purchase.
66% reduction in CTO, improved experience, increased loyalty.
Our client wanted to reduce their cost-to-order (CTO) ratio for online sales. As well as a more cost-efficient call centre, this would have a knock-on effect of an improved shopping experience and increased customer loyalty.
To achieve this, we worked with them to help them gain a better understanding of why so many customers needed the call centre and where the pain points were on the road to purchase.
We formed an insight and improvement team with the client, which used a range of techniques to analyse the customer data:
- Shoutbox – a realtime update tool that enables insight, investigation and prompt action
- customer journey mapping
- internal and external customer satisfaction surveys
- call monitoring
- effort and emotion mapping
- value stream analysis
In short, we wanted to know everything - including what the customers themselves had to say.
Customers voiced their opinions through a combination of surveys and call monitoring, and the findings then enabled us to implement a meticulous segmentation of customer types, profiles and channel strategy.
The insight generated enabled the retailer to make improvements to their website, enhance the online experience for customers, make self-serve seamless and help eliminate unnecessary calls into the contact centre.
- Consumer driven insight and improvement to all business areas, including the contact centre stores, suppliers, logistics and in- house operations
- Insight improved customer experience by 14%
- A more personalised service and the removal of unnecessary barriers to purchase.