The facts behind Capita's growth story...
Profit before tax £585.5m
- A contract win rate of 2 in 3 (by value) in health, science, local government and financial services.
- Spent £402m on 17 acquisitions, including our largest acquisition, avocis, providing strong platform for growth in Europe.
- Moved into the science sector following appointment by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) to form a joint venture.
Profit before tax £535.7m
- A contract win rate of 1 in 2 - securing major contract awards with the Ministry of Defence (DIO), TfL (congestion charging), Cooperative Bank and John Lewis, as well as a framework contract to deliver the Scottish Wide Area Network (SWAN).
- Made 17 acquisitions, costing £310m to enhance capability and facilitate future organic growth.
Profit before tax £475m
- Secured our largest ever contract win by annual value with Telefónica UK (O2) at £1.2bn over 10 years.
- Had our highest ever contract win rate of 2 in 3 (by value).
- Made 13 acquisitions, at cost of £271m, further broadening our operational capability and market reach.
Profit before tax £425.6m
- Signed a contract to work in partnership with the armed forces to deliver the Recruiting Partnering Project (RPP). The contract is valued at around £44m a year for 10 years.
- Signed a £1.7bn contract with Staffordshire County Council to create an educational support services joint venture.
Profit before tax £385.2m
- Acquired Ventura in June, a customer contact specialist, for £65 million, adding 8,000 people to the Group.
- Selected by the DVLA for a 5-year contract to manage vehicle tax and insurance evasion on road enforcement. The contract is valued at £100m.
- Won re-bid to deliver TV Licensing for a further 8 years, a contract worth £560m.
- Made 21 acquisitions, at cost of £341m.
Profit before tax £364.2m
37,000 people (Feb 2011)
- Extended and expanded ICT and contact centre contracts with Birmingham City Council for 5 years, valued at £300m.
- Made 12 acquisitions worth £301m, including Premier Medical Group and SunGard Public Sector.
Profit before tax £277.2m
36,000 people (Feb 2009)
- Awarded a 5 year contract by Health and Safety Executive to operate a new installer registration scheme in Great Britain.
- Selected by Marsh Ltd as operations outsourcing partner - contract worth £187m over 10 years.
- Selected as strategic partnership by Sheffield City Council to drive business transformation - contract worth over £200m over 7 years.
Profit before tax £169.6m
- Selected as partner to support Zurich's UK Life operations.
- Selected to form service partnership with UK's largest authority, Birmingham CC.
- Signed a strategic partnership with Harrow Council.
Profit before tax £121.2m
- Implemented the largest congestion management scheme in the world, to specification, to budget and on time, on behalf of Transport for London.
- Awarded 10 year, £110m contract to provide life & pensions administration services to Prudential International and St James's Place International.
- Capita named Company of the Year 2003 in the Royal Bank of Scotland/Sunday Times Business Awards.
- Acquisition, from the liquidators of Independent Insurance, of Aurora Corporate Services Limited, a business focused on run-off activity in the London market.
Profit before tax £51.2m
- Awarded largest managed service contract to date by the Criminal Records Bureau.
- Chosen as strategic partner by Cumbria County Council - Capita's largest ever local government contract.
- Acquisition of Eastgate, one of the UK's largest independent providers of outsourcing services to the insurance industry.
- Acquisition of IRG Plc, leading share administration company.
Profit before tax £27.1m
- Market valuation exceeds £1 billion
- Largest integrated payroll and pensions service for the Metropolitan Police Service.
- First outsourced HR contract for Westminster City Council.
- Awarded contract to establish new multi-channel BBC Information Centre serving all UK viewers and listeners.
- Partnership with the DETR to administer and develop Constructionline, the public sector online register of approved construction contractors and consultants.
Profit before tax £12.3m
- Award of largest ever contract to date to manage the Teachers' Pensions Agency and establishment of our Northern Business Centre in Darlington.
- Set up and administered new theory driving test service for the Driving Standards Agency.
- Significant new recruitment capability added with acquisition of Recruitment & Assessment Service for HM Government.
- Full listing as public company on the London Stock Exchange.
- Capita launched through a management buy-out, backed by 3i
- Capita formed within Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.