6 June 2017
The Capita Water Event 2017 - 14 June, London
Capita is hosting an event for the water industry next week, covering key themes ahead of Ofwat’s latest price review, PR19
14 June 2017, The Crystal, London
This event is being held at a crucial time. As the water industry emerges from the introduction of competition for businesses, the next challenge is already approaching – the release of Ofwat’s PR19 methodology in July which could cover the period up to the deregulation of domestic supply.
There will undoubtedly be many themes in the PR19 methodology release – such as resilience, cost of capital, infrastructure investment, metering, cost to serve, reward and benefit structures. However, we sense that in determining submissions for PR19, water companies will need to make challenging decisions between how they consider the wider regulatory requirements with the increasingly demanding needs to drive higher levels of customer service and reduce the growing bad debt issue.
Issues up for discussion will include:
- addressing water market dynamics and the impact of PR19
- delivering superior customer service and tackling issues of vulnerability and affordability, while achieving diminished customer debt
- building a robust and resilient strategic plan to meet customer expectations and market requirements.
- Jon Ashley, associate director, OFWAT
- Simon Rustom, managing director, Customer Consulting
- Anne Marie Forsyth, CEO, Contact Centre Association
- Daniel Walker-Nolan, principal policy manager, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Chris Fitch, University of Bristol
- Ben Earl, water efficiency manager, Southern Water
- Steve Johnson MBE, member of the advisory board for the Water Industry Commission for Scotland.
All attendees will receive the following:
- ‘Payments, Collections and Recoveries in the Water Industry: 5 years of challenge and change’ – a Capita discussion paper – to be launched at the event
- Vulnerability: a guide for debt collection – 21 questions 21 steps – University of Bristol research report
- Employee Insight Report 2016/2017 – a Capita market report.