What we achieved with The Prince’s Trust
Capita worked with The Prince’s Trust from 2014 to 2017, in what proved to be a fantastic corporate charity partnership. In celebration of exceeding our fundraising target – raising over £853,000 – we review everything we achieved and how we made positive change to the lives of many vulnerable young people.
Brilliant colleagues from across the organisation have been involved in a number of fundraising initiatives, collaborating in new and exciting ways to make a real difference to the lives of many young people. Teams, individuals and businesses have taken part in every way possible and really got behind the cause.
Some of our partnership highlights:
- More than £93,000 raised and over 318,000 miles covered by tireless employees in two step challenge initiatives
- £70,000 raised over three consecutive Charity Weeks; themes included ‘the spirit of fundraising’, ‘the voice’ and ‘old school’!
- £62,000 donated by generous employees via regular payroll giving donations alone
- We won the Employee Fundraising award at Corporate Employee Awards 2015 and the Going for Gold award in 2016; having been shortlisted in many award categories
- Teams took part in the Trust’s Million Makers initiative, raising over £76,000 in the entrepreneurial-style competition
- Video entries to our ‘The Voice’ talent contest were watched almost 20,000 times and raised over £9,000.
In 2016, Capita also sponsored The Prince’s Trust’s biggest sporting event, Palace to Palace, which enabled a further £650,000 to be raised for the charity. Following this success and in recognition of what has been achieved, we are again headline support the event for a second year in a row.
We are delighted to have raised over £853k in our partnership with The Prince’s Trust. Alongside the fantastic fundraising done by our employees across the organisation, we have supported the Trust in many other ways, using our breadth of skills and expertise to reach even more vulnerable young people.
Group corporate responsibility director, Capita
One example of how we shared our expertise is through our education business, Capita SIMS. Capita SIMS provided support to The Trust’s evaluation teams, helping them to better understand data extraction processes for their programmes and generate greater awareness of programme impact.
A huge thank you to all Capita staff who have gone above and beyond in their whole-hearted support of the Prince’s Trust. We are very proud of all we have achieved over the course of our Partnership, and doubtless your patronage over the past two years has allowed us to help thousands of disadvantaged and vulnerable young people to change their lives.
Corporate partnerships director, The Prince's Trust