From challenge comes change
International Women’s Day event
4th March 2021 | 10:00 – 17:00
From challenge comes change. 2020 may have tested us beyond anything we could have imagined at the start of the year, but it also stopped us becoming complacent – where we’re challenged, we’re forced to think, to adapt and to innovate.
The disruptive power of Covid-19 has forced us to evaluate and reassess almost everything. Trends we thought would take a decade to take root happened within the space of weeks and months. And as much as these were positive, lockdown also demonstrated that much of the progress we thought we’d made was incredibly fragile and could be undone in a flash.
Ahead of International Women’s Day we ask, how do we take this moment to reset the agenda?
We move the debate from one of representation to one of genuine equality, addressing the barriers (and opportunities) that Covid-19 has highlighted for us all.
From challenge comes change, so today we #ChooseToChallenge
Join us as we explore:
- Why we’re still having to talk about women and girls in STEM and what’s holding us back from making progress
- Ways to change the stories we tell when they don’t represent us
- How we can affect a genuine change in mindsets and move away from the default-male workplace
- How to build the skills that allow women to access meaningful, well paid work as we move from recession to recovery
- What we can learn from leadership in a crisis and apply it to our day-to-day lives.