With no app required, the service enables a caller with any smartphone to stream live footage direct from their phone’s camera into the emergency service control room. As soon as the live stream is activated, the control room also receives GPS coordinates for the caller’s location, which dynamically updates throughout the call.
No footage is stored on the user’s device and, if the caller has poor signal, or the device doesn’t support video, they can opt to send still photo images instead.
All media and data received is recorded securely as potential evidence for further investigation. The service is securely hosted and scaleable for use in any organisation.
Key features include:
- no app required – works on any smart device and operating system
- confirms caller location and maps dynamically-updated via GPS coordinates to speed response
- secure, one-time-use link sent by SMS or email
- real-time live video stream, viewable in the control room and shared with supervisors and first responders, as needed
- maintains voice contact with caller while images are transmitted
- still images available in lower signal coverage
- secure cloud-hosted service
- can reduce hoax call mobilisations.