Radio managed services
Supporting mission-critical assets for the UK emergency services
With over 20 years’ experience, we offer market leading services to manage and protect mission critical devices, allowing clients to focus on their vital front line duties.
Capita currently manages assets across a variety of technologies. These include, but are not limited to, personal radio handsets, vehicle radios, body worn video cameras, mobile phones and tablets.
Underpinned by a UK-based 24/7/365 helpdesk, a nationwide network of service hubs and a team of mobile field service engineers, local support is never far away.
With all relevant employees cleared to security check (SC) level, we're well positioned to support large, complex and secure asset management requirements.
radio assets managed for the UK emergency services
design, installation and support of digital radio networks across the UK prison estate
How it works
Our service delivery model is tailor made to meet the specific requirements of each of our customers, which can take the form of either a dedicated on site team, a shared service from one of our regional service hubs, or via our national field service teams. It delivers:
- specific services levels agreed for each individual contract
- appropriate back-to-back agreements with its third-party subcontractors and suppliers
- stock of commonly used equipment in secure storage facilities to enable the prompt supply of replacements when necessary
- a customer service centre providing a single point of contact 24/7/365, including the critical stage of an early roll out of new mobile devices, which can generate an overwhelming level of demand for assistance from the front line
- coordination of repairs to, and replacement of, faulty radios and other mobile devices, through all stages of the problem lifecycle until satisfactory resolution.
We have dedicated service hubs in London and Chippenham, and major operational centres in Birmingham and Manchester, from where we deliver managed technology services.
These service hubs enable Capita to offer clients regional shared services with the same high level of customer focus and support that would be expected from a dedicated on site team, delivering:
- reduced costs
- cost effective capacity planning/delivery of special events
- improved resilience and interoperability supporting local, regional or national requirements
- better access to specialist services, currently unaffordable to most agencies
- improved value derived investments through shared learning and experience.