Delegates attending the event on 18 June will hear from key decision makers from key criminal justice agencies, including the Ministry of Justice, Home Office and the Crown Prosecution Service, alongside best practice case studies from innovative constabularies.
This conference, hosted by GovNet, is now in its eighth year and will bring together 350 delegates, 20 high level speakers, and 20 service providers to discuss and debate the key issues in ICT, technology, and innovation in the justice sector today.
Delivering swift and effective justice through efficiency, transparency and working practice improvement are key government priorities. A key driver in achieving these goals that will reform, modernise and improve the delivery of criminal justice is the utilisation and adoption of innovation and technology.
The panel of speakers includes Rt hon Damian Green MP, Minister of State for Policing and Criminal Justice, Home Office, Martin Bellamy, change and ICT director, national offender management service, Ministry of Justice, and Vince Freeman M.Inst.ISP, MBCS, information security officer and head of information assurance unit, directorate of information, Metropolitan Police Service.
Robert Leach, Capita’s director of police, crime, justice and secure services, will discuss ‘Doing the right things: driving outcomes through innovative partnerships and technology’, describing how:
- outcome-focused change brings greater effectiveness as well as efficiencies
- innovative partnerships use the latest understanding of what works and maximise the opportunities new technologies can bring
- engagement with the commercial world can enable and drive through change.
How we support the criminal justice sector
We’ve been working in the criminal justice sector since the early 1990s, providing a range of technology and professional services that enable you to reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve services offered to the public.
We can help with:
- ICT: fully secure IT systems – including records management, ERP, mobile and agile working and fully integrated control room and call centre solutions
- consultancy and advisory services: organisational redesign, business case development, finance advisory services
- property and infrastructure consultancy: architecture and design services, estates management, health and safety consultancy
- back office support: pensions admin, payroll, managed HR, translation and interpreting services, secure document solutions, occupational health
- support services: custodial services, secure transport, forensic medical services.