Thursday, 26 June 2014
Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London
With increasing demographic pressures redefining local government priorities, financial incentives promoting integration and declining budgets stimulating local income generation - now is the time to examine the next radical stage of transformation for local government.
Capita's Local Government Strategic Leaders Forum is designed in consultation with local government experts – including local authority chief executives, leaders and service directors – and covers the most pressing issues affecting your organisation today.
With a keynote address from the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government, and input from recognised local government experts and practitioners, this is your chance to discuss key concerns including:
- instigating culture change and encouraging innovation within an effective risk structure
- embedding long-term sustainable local growth and investing in essential infrastructure to encourage inward investment
- extending pooled budgets, integration and shared services to increase efficiency
- maximising the potential of local government assets and investigating new income sources
- implementing intelligent demand management with the growing reliance on council services.
Using a format that enables the transference of best practice, Capita’s forum provides the perfect opportunity to come together with new mandates to set the agenda for the future of local government.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear from the Minister responsible for local government on driving regeneration and local growth through entrepreneurialism and endowing councils with the independence to act in their own financial interests.
- Engage with Chief Executive panels on innovative service redesign, creating the business case for transformation and delivering streamlined, effective services through integration, partnership working and pooled budgets.
- Benefit from interactive roundtable sessions designed to address key challenges facing local government.
- Discover how a leading Core City within the first wave of City Deals is encouraging local economic growth and developing the key infrastructure to enable stable development.
- Examine effective ways forward for managing the ever increasing demand on health and social care budgets.
The speakers are:
- Keynote: Brandon Lewis MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Chair: Carolyn Downs, chief executive, Local Government Association (LGA)
- Tony Travers, director, Greater London Group, London School of Economics
- Christian Rogers, local government director – property and infrastructure, Capita
- Dan Lord, market director, Capita’s consulting business
- Nick Bell, chief executive, Staffordshire County Council
- Ged Fitzgerald, chief executive, Liverpool City Council
- Andrew Travers, chief executive, Barnet Council
- Andrew Kerr, chief executive, Cornwall Council
- Gordon Lee, marketing director, Capita
- Adam Wilkinson, chief executive, Derby City Council.