Protecting staff and patients with remote appointments
The current health crisis means healthcare organisations are balancing unprecedented service demand at a time when many staff may be ill or needing to self-isolate.
To support sustainable, safe healthcare delivery, professional distancing is critical. This is where Capita, with over 25 years’ experience in healthcare, is uniquely placed to help.
Using next-generation video-sharing technology, our Virtual Consultations solution enables clinicians to enhance telephone consultations with a visual assessment.
Supporting self-isolation and social distancing – particularly important for vulnerable patients - Virtual Consultations enables organisations to:
- Enable instant remote visual assessment of the patient
- Retain a secure and safe video record of the consultation which can be attached to the patient record
- No equipment needed within the clinician’s environment and no set up for the patient
- Reduce physical interactions, patient and staff travel
- Relieve demand by enabling self-isolating clinicians to provide care
Quick to set up, easy to use
Virtual Consultations is fast to set up and start using. Whilst on the phone to a patient, the clinician sends a text or email link to their smartphone which enables the phone camera to live-stream from the patient’s device with nothing to install.
The clinician then initiates a visual assessment mid-call and can share the live stream with specialist colleagues. The media is digitally fingerprinted and retained securely to be downloaded to the patient record.