These services include:
Care assessments and reviews
Under the Care Act, since April 2015 everyone has a right to a free needs assessment from the council (with new eligibility criteria). We can help you deliver these assessments – as additional capacity to clear backlogs, or to cover peaks in demand, or as an ongoing provision. We have access to over 2,000 social workers and occupational therapists across Capita who are qualified to carry out new assessments and also reviews of those who already receiving care services.
Our services cover:
- full needs assessments and reviews
- financial assessments
- creative care packages to promote independence and activity
- support for self-funders
- a brokerage/procurement service for care services once the package of care has been agreed.
Triage and initial assessments
Our triage and initial assessment service provides an integrated, single point of access for referrals from community health, social and health care professionals, and people in need of care or their families and carers. Our trained specialists handle first line contacts relating to social care and carefully determine the most effective follow-on course of action.
Our services include:
- information, advice and signposting to self-service facilities, community partners, social care finance teams and other stakeholders
- self-assessments and self-service via secure, online portals
- debt and financial advice
- well signposted services designed around the needs of health care and social care providers, citizens and their families and carers
- management information to enable better business intelligence and more effective demand management.
As well as care assessments we also carry out the financial assessments, as required by the Care Act, on behalf of some of our local authority clients. We’re able to provide one-off support to clear backlogs or in peak times, or can arrange something more long-term.
We are also working with a number of local authorities to support their finance management for adult social care services. By introducing new technology and reshaping processes, we are helping to reduce the time and cost of delivering these services, while protecting people in care.