We also invest in the local communities through our community programmes, ensuring that these communities benefit both socially and economically.
How do we unlock value in our local communities?
- The jobs we create support local employment which in turn help to sustain local economies through the multiplier effect of salary spend
- We support SMEs and local businesses by using them in our supply chain wherever possible
- We share our skills and expertise through our employee volunteering This also benefits our business because it helps develop employees’ skills, improves morale and increases employee retention
- Working collaboratively with our clients, suppliers and local businesses helps maximise the positive impact we have on our local communities. By building these relationships this helps strengthen our relationships and provides us with valuable insight which helps us improve our services
- Through our community investment programmes and support of our charity partner we contributed £2m in our local communities in 2016.
In 2016, we concentrated most of our support on working with young people to raise educational achievement and develop employability skills.
We actively encourage our people to volunteer for local projects by giving their time, skills and expertise.