Intervene early for better outcomes with the whole picture
Understanding where best to target resources is a constant challenge for children’s services teams – you need firstly to be able to identify where support is most needed, and then to be able to allocate resources in the most effective way.
Our software solutions help to protect the most vulnerable children by sharing data securely across multi-agency teams to create a single, clear view for more informed and effective service delivery.
Fluctuations in school attendance and attainment can be a key indicator of changes to a child’s situation. Our attendance software alerts teams to unauthorised absences so they can take action at the earliest opportunity, whilst our attainment tools - including our virtual schools head and SEND solutions for children in care and children with special educational needs - ensure every child’s attainment is carefully considered.
We also offer early years solutions which show which services are being accessed by disadvantaged groups and where best to target future resources. And our user-friendly case management tools provide a detailed picture of every child so you can spot negative changes easily to provide early support without having to spend time matching data from different systems.
Identify and address issues
Share best practice
Children’s Support Services (CSS) software: a detailed picture of every child
Our comprehensive, user-friendly case management tool provides a detailed picture of every child, from educational and pastoral needs to the services they receive, to ensure the best possible support.
Support an effective team
Mapping software enables teams to drive greater efficiency by allocating cases and workloads to geographical areas. They can drive better outcomes by measuring the performance of individual practitioners, teams and the authority against performance indicators. They can also generate reports on estimated and actual financial support offered to children and schools to inform budget planning.
Share key information to improve outcomes
Vital data on children can be maintained and shared across services more easily by having only one record, with forms tailored to meet the needs of different service teams. Practitioners with authorised access can view a child’s contact details and other relevant information, such as attendance and the involvements of other services to target interventions more effectively.
Free up practitioners time
The adaptable case timeline tracks individual involvements, maintains an accurate account of intervention and guides practitioners through the next steps to take with each child. There’s less need for administration so they have more time to focus on the child.
Reporting tools: monitor pupil attainment and support school improvement
The whole picture of student and school performance
Effective data-sharing and teamworking
Informed target-setting to raise achievement
Key intelligence to improve interventions and outcomes
|Compare student performance against a range of indicators including FFT estimates and RAISEonline data.||Data is easily and securely transferred to the authority directly from SIMS or other school information management systems||Set realistic, appropriately challenging learning targets by analysing past performance and sharing best practice across the authority.||Student assessment data – including historical records - can be analysed by individual, cohort, school, school cluster or authority|
|Produce tables and graphs easily to analyse school performance.||improving communication and data sharing.||allowing for early trends to be identified and interventions to be targeted to improve outcomes.|
Further software solutions which support early intervention
Early years solutions: understand where to target resources for better outcomes for children
To tailor early years services so they meet the needs of your communities, you need a clear picture of children and families so you can ensure every young child has the opportunity of a better start. We help you to support families with children in foundation years with:
- self-service portals: maximise limited resources by empowering families to apply for childcare and funding, and enabling providers to review and update information
- family information directory software: promote services online to give local communities easy access to information about the range of support available
- reporting tools for attendance and engagement: understand how services are being accessed to focus future resources most effectively
SEND solutions: seamless citizen access and case management to support better outcomes
Co-ordinating the best possible support for children and young people with special education needs and disabilities (SEND) means pulling together a vast amount of information from different services as well as from the young person and family themselves – we support collaborative working and efficient workflows with:
- citizen portal: give parents and young people full visibility of progress and make it easy to share their views with information automatically populating your back-office database
- professional portal: also integrating seamlessly with your back-office, professionals and schools have the information they need to provide the most appropriate support
- intuitive case management tools: easily create personalised plans and manage workflows, including for assessments and tribunals: statutory return production to free staff time
IYSS: improve outcomes for young people by bringing information together
Our integrated youth support services software provides a single, shared view of each young person so teams from different youth-related services can work together to identify those at risk, and target and monitor interventions to improve outcomes:
- intuitive case management tools: quicker, user-friendly access to information so practitioners can spend more time directly with young people to improve outcomes
- integrated engagement: increase engagement by enabling young people to contribute their views, communicate with SMS reminders, texts and emails sent directly from the system
- analytics tools: bring together information from youth support and youth justice services, as well as information on attendance, attainment, SEN, looked after status and free school meals