Listen to our Message Received podcasts
Meet Hume Jones
Hume Jones, Managing Director of Electranet talks about his military career, his support of the veteran community and striving for a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We also learn about his family, his beer-making skills and his goal to race around the world.
Meet Emma and Liz
Two military spouses at Capita - Emma and Liz - discuss their remarkable career paths and how they shatter the stereotypical images associated with military partners. They talk about having to adapt to different cultures and learn new languages through frequent relocations, and share career advice to anyone looking to join Capita.
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
What have we pledged?
We’ve pledged to
- offer employees the opportunity to support charities associated with the armed forces through our group volunteering and matched fundraising schemes
- publicise Armed Forces Day and Reserves Day on our company intranet
- issue specific guidance on our intranet for employees who are serving in any of the VRFs and provide managers with specific guidance about how to support them
- promote the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by communicating our support from the Capita Board across the entire group
- detail our commitment to the Corporate Covenant on our corporate website and hosting a dedicated reserve Forces hub on hour corporate intranet
- display the Corporate Covenant logo on the relevant careers pages of our recruitment websites
- advertise appropriate roles via the Career Transition Partnership