Protecting staff and patients with remote appointments
To maintain a healthy population, it’s crucial that clinicians can deliver safe, effective, medical care. This can often be achieved with telephone appointments during self-isolation and social distancing, it is the most accessible medium but poses a significant challenge where a visual assessment is required.
Capita’s Virtual Consultations solution is uniquely placed to help.
Using next-generation video-sharing technology, our Virtual Consultations solution enables enhanced virtual appointments that can form part of the patient record, so clinicians can deliver a large number of consultations whilst keeping everyone safe:
- Enables instant remote visual assessment of the patient.
- No additional understanding or equipment needed within the clinician’s environment.
- No set up for the patient as it uses their built-in smartphone functionality.
- Retains a secure and safe video record of the consultation which can be attached to the patient record.
- Relieves demand by enabling self-isolating clinicians to provide care.
- Enables easy and open access to services whilst protecting the most vulnerable.
- Deployed within a secure container within Microsoft Azure, ensuring compliance with NHS Digital Information Governance Standards.