Protecting staff and patients with remote appointments
To maintain a healthy population, it’s crucial that clinicians can deliver safe, effective, medical care. This can often be achieved with telephone appointments during self-isolation and social distancing, it is the most accessible medium but poses a significant challenge where a visual assessment is required.
Capita’s Virtual Consultations solution is uniquely placed to help.
Using next-generation video-sharing technology, our Virtual Consultations solution enables enhanced virtual appointments that can form part of the patient record, so clinicians can deliver a large number of consultations whilst keeping everyone safe:
- Enables instant remote visual assessment of the patient.
- No additional understanding or equipment needed within the clinician’s environment.
- No set up for the patient as it uses their built-in smartphone functionality.
- Retains a secure and safe video record of the consultation which can be attached to the patient record.
- Relieves demand by enabling self-isolating clinicians to provide care.
- Enables easy and open access to services whilst protecting the most vulnerable.
- Deployed within a secure container within Microsoft Azure, ensuring compliance with NHS Digital Information Governance Standards.
100 million patient interactions
➥ powered by our software applications, used by some of the world’s leading healthcare providers and insurers.
Watch the video to discover more
How can we support your organisation to deliver medical care?
How Virtual Consultations works
Enhancing triage assessments
Virtual Consultations can be fully integrated with our teletriage solution for safe, consistent remote assessments. Ideal for supporting patients with self-isolation and social distancing, it combines intuitive patient-relationship management with customisable clinical decision support, enhanced by the media-streaming capabilities of Virtual Consultations for informed assessments by doctors, nurses and trained call handlers.