Deliver healthcare safely with virtual consultations
Protecting staff and patients with remote appointments
To maintain a healthy population, it’s crucial that clinicians can deliver safe, effective, medical care. This can often be achieved with telephone appointments during self-isolation and social distancing, it is the most accessible medium but poses a significant challenge where a visual assessment is required.
Capita’s Virtual Consultations solution is uniquely placed to help.
Using next-generation video-sharing technology, our Virtual Consultations solution enables enhanced virtual appointments that can form part of the patient record, so clinicians can deliver a large number of consultations whilst keeping everyone safe:
- Enables instant remote visual assessment of the patient.
- No additional understanding or equipment needed within the clinician’s environment.
- No set up for the patient as it uses their built-in smartphone functionality.
- Retains a secure and safe video record of the consultation which can be attached to the patient record.
- Relieves demand by enabling self-isolating clinicians to provide care.
- Enables easy and open access to services whilst protecting the most vulnerable.
- Deployed within a secure container within Microsoft Azure, ensuring compliance with NHS Digital Information Governance Standards.
of NHS Trusts
Watch the video to discover more
How Virtual Consultations works
Quick to set up, easy to use
Compatible with existing systems, Virtual Consultations can be set up remotely in just a few days, with staff training and onboarding taking less than an hour.
There’s nothing for the patient to install – they simply click a link on their own smartphone device.
How it works
The clinician discusses care on the telephone with a patient and, if a visual assessment is required, sends a link via text or email to the patient’s smartphone.
The link enables the phone camera to live-stream from the patient’s device without installing an app or software, helping clinicians and health professionals across care settings deliver safe and effective care for their patients and clients.
The clinician or health professional can then initiate a visual assessment mid-call, making it possible to track the development or progress of a condition. The live stream can also be shared with specialist colleagues.
The media is automatically captured, digitally fingerprinted and retained securely for 30 days, during which time it can be downloaded to the patient record.