Share fraud and unsolicited mail
A number of scams (such as shares, binary options or pensions) are perpetrated by cold calling investors offering them over-priced or non-existent investments (such as shares) or free pension reviews, designed to move the money from the pension funds into high-risk investment schemes.
Should you receive any such requests, always check the Financial Services Register of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure firms are authorised or registered. You can then report the scam to the FCA either by calling 0800 111 6768 or using their reporting form.
If you think you have lost money to fraud, you should report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or online via their website.
If the calls persist, hang up.
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Details of any share dealing facilities that the Company endorses will be included in Company mailings.
More detailed information on this or similar activity can be found on the FCA website.
Find out more about the FCA's Be ScamSmart campaign and how to avoid investment scams.
We are legally obliged to make our register of members available, subject to a proper purpose test, to the public. As a consequence of this some shareholders might receive unsolicited mail. Shareholders wishing to limit the amount of such mail should write to the Mailing Preference Service, FREEPOST 29 LON20771, London W1E 0ZT. Shareholders can also register online at www.mpsonline.org.uk or request an application form by calling from within the UK: 0845 703 4599 or by email to email@example.com.
Advice on protecting your Capita plc shares:
- Keep all Capita correspondence in a safe place, or destroy correspondence by shredding.
- When changing address, inform Link Asset Services. If a letter from Link Asset Services is received regarding a change of address and you have not moved, contact Link Asset Services immediately.
- Consider having your dividends paid directly into your bank or building society account. This will reduce the risk of the cheque being intercepted or lost in the post. You can request and complete a Request for Payment of Dividends Form and send it to Link Asset Services or register online at www.capitashares.co.uk using the Share Portal service. Additional information can be obtained from Link Asset Services.
- On changing bank or building society account, inform Link Asset Services of the details of the new account and respond to any letters Link Asset Services send you about this.
- When buying or selling shares deal only with brokers registered in your country of residence or the UK.