Listening to our colleagues
Open communication is important to us as a company and we make sure that our employees have the opportunity to ask questions and share their ideas. One of the most successful ways we do this is through our ‘Ask Jon’ portal – where employees can ask our CEO Jon Lewis a question directly.
In May 2019, we recruited two employees to our Board of Directors. We’re the first FTSE 250 company in 30 years to do this. We did it because we recognise that our people are the ones who know our business best, so it's important that we make sure their voices are heard and we communicate in an open, clear and honest way.
Developing our people
When you succeed, we succeed. We’re growing our expertise by developing skills, providing learning opportunities, supporting our managers and developing everyone’s potential.
Our induction programme and mandatory training educate and empower people to be effective as soon as they join us. We offer technical, management and graduate programmes, as well as apprenticeships, to build our capabilities and grow and nurture talent.
We’ve also created a performance, learning and development centre, called Capita Academy. It’s all about strengthening our people’s performance and potential, so that they can make an impact, shape our future and expand their horizons.
Capita Academy provides a framework which supports people’s developmental needs, strengthens our business, and shares knowledge and expertise to help everyone succeed.
Providing rewards and benefits
As well as standard benefits, we've got voluntary ones too, designed to suit your lifestyle and support your financial, social, physical and mental wellbeing. Here are some of the benefits on offer:
- voluntary health, dental and vision benefits
- company matched pension and life assurance
- the option to buy extra leave
- employee assistance programmes
- access to Level, a financial health platform for Capita colleagues, offering salary-linked savings, open banking budgeting and early access to your wages
- season ticket loans
- discounted gym memberships
- cycle to work scheme
- flexible and home working (depending on the role)
- 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- paid time to volunteer in your community
- discounts on leisure, travel, technology, fashion and food.
Many of our offices also provide extra perks, such as free fruit deliveries, lunch clubs, onsite gyms, and yoga classes. Search our live vacancies to see what jobs are on offer in your area.